Do you like this site? Remember to share it to all your friends on Facebook and Twitter!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Resetting admin password to save my time re-installing Cisco ISE on VMware

Take a biking rest. From 20010616 花蓮

Because installing Cisco ISE 1.0 on VMware takes over 30 minutes, it is a natural choice to let the fresh installation run overnight.

When I come back in the morning, I found myself locked out even using default “admin” password “cisco”, when I try to log into the web interface. The error just showed something like “Account has been disabled …”.

I am really unwilling to do a re-install, because it would take me another 30 minutes.

Luckily, after some research on Google, I found this page to solve my problem.

Password Negated Due to Administrator Lockout

To reset the password following administrator ID lockout:


Step 1 Access the direct-console CLI and enter the following command:

admin# application reset-passwd ise <administrator ID>


Step 2 Specify a new password that is different from the previous two passwords used for this administrator ID:


Enter new password:

Confirm new password:


Password reset successfully

Yes, just reset the web “admin” password, then I can login again! Replace above command’s <administrator id> with “admin”, followed by typing in new password twice. That’s it.

Of course, you can no longer use the old default password “cisco” again while resetting, but this is just OK because I will have to change it later anyway.

Happy ISE-ing!

Do you like this post? You really should consider Subscribing by Email!


Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tip: you can also anonymously comment here.

Popular Posts